July 11, 2013
Home Healthy Hair Coloring -- Naturally!
Clean Healthy Hair -- Naturally! Gave directions about take control over what you are applying to your body -- Use baking soda and apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar to clean your hair! If you want to add highlights, luster and health to your hair the following ideas may be of interest.
Instead of plain water you can add juices, coffee, herbs, spices, teas. Bright wild colors can be acheived by using KoolAid or painting your hair with face makeup, eyeshadow or mascaras. Always do a patch test on your arm before using any product on your body.
- To make an herbal infusion
- - 1 teaspoon (5 milliliters) of dried herbs to 1 cup(8 fluid ounces, 250 milliliters) of water or 3 teaspoons (15 milliliters) of fresh herbs to 1 cup (8 fluid ounces, 250 milliliters) of water.
- Let herbs steep in water for 10 minutes
- Other possibilities from your kitchen to enhance and act as coloring agents are coffee, tea, juice, etc. Usually, it will require a few applications before you will see a difference.
- - The proportion recommended: (you can always change this, but remember less is more.)
- Mix 1 part to 5 parts water to dilute.
A few herbs to try Dandruff
- - Basil: Adds luster, helps prevent hair loss.
- Burdock root: helps prevent hair loss
- Chamomile: moisturizing, soothing
- Horsetail: strengthens hair
- Lavender: soothing, balances moisture, antibacterial
- Lemon juice, water: adds shininess, removes buildup.
- Nettle: helps strengthen and revitalize hair.
- Rosemary: stimulating
- Sage: weak or brittle hair
- - Burdock
- Lemon juice
Note: Using vinegar as a rinse is a common dandruff remedy.
Brown/Black highlights Red highlights
- - Allspice
- Black Tea
- - Calendula (Marigold)
- Cranberry juice (unsweetened)
Blonde highlights Gray hair
- - Ceylon Tea
- Lemon juice
- - Black Walnut
- Calendula (Marigold)
- - Blue Malva
Optional When your hair is dry
- - Take 1 teaspoon of the tea you have ready.
- Add it to 8 ounces of water.
- After the last vinegar hair rinse.
- Pour it over your hair.
- Leave on.
- - Place 2 drops of lavender, rosemary or basal essential oil on your hair brush/comb.
- Work through your hair.